Apply online now. A Union Federal Private Student
Loan is a smart way to cover college essentials.
We understand that financing your education can be stressful. But we're here to help with flexible options. The sooner you start filling out our simple application the sooner you can relax. We've been helping students like you for years, and we can help you too.
A few simple things to
know before you apply.
Multiple Loan Options
Take a moment to consider the best way for you to pay back your loan.
- Immediate Repayment
- Interest-Only Repayment2
- Partial Interest Repayment2, 3
- In-School Deferment1, 3
Interest Rate Options
Choose between a fixed or variable rate
Choose your own loan term
What you want, including
a graduation present.
Even a small percentage can make
a difference in your bank account.
- 0.25% interest rate reduction for consistently making on-time payments4
- 0.25% interest rate reduction for automatic loan payment withdrawal5
- 0.25% interest rate reduction if you make automatic payments from a SunTrust bank account5
1% principal reduction per loan at graduation6
Am I eligible?
Your loan can also help pay for books, lab fees and other expenses.
- Enrolled at least half-time at a Title IV eligible institution in a degree-granting program
- Be the legal age of majority in your state of residence, or at least 17 years of age with a cosigner who is the legal age of majority when you apply.7
- Have a good credit record, with no student loan defaults or bankruptcies
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, unless you are an eligible international student applying with a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. The Union Federal Private Student Loan is not available to students whose permanent residency state is IA or WI.
Cosigners are great.
If someone with a good credit history is a cosigner, your Union Federal Private Student Loan is more likely to be approved. It could be an eligible parent, guardian, or a friend.